[CNM] Meditech information/status board

Kerry Harrison kharriso at stagnes.org
Thu Oct 19 07:11:24 PDT 2006

We use the status board as well, but we do have to assign patients to ourselves.  How do you do it by floor?  They dont follow every patient on their floors?  Also, the only date that shows on our status board is the last date the assessment or F/U was complete.  How are you able to put a date for when they are due next?

Kerry Harrison

Kerry M. Harrison, RD, LD, CNSD
Clinical Nutrition Manager
St. Agnes Hospital
kharriso at stagnes.org
410.368.2152
To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. -LaRoche Foucauld

>>> Liz.Anthony at milfordhospital.org 10/19/06 10:07AM >>>
It would be great to have a group of RDs who use Meditech to come together and share their experiences.  I know that when we first got it, I was overwhelmed.  There was not a lot of information on the Meditech site regardng nutrition services, and the consultants really did not understand the details of our area.  Fortunately, an RD at an area hospital was kind enough to work with me and share her forms, etc.

Regarding the status board, my staff did not want to use it since you have to update it daily, d/c pts do not automatically drop off, etc.  Instead, we use a custom report that works wonderfully.  We are a small hospital and this is what works for us, the status board may work well for others.

I can provide the details if interested.  Let me know.  Unfortunately, I do not think that there is a way to post it.
Liz Anthony

[Anthony Liz]  -----Original Message-----